With the release of Oreo OS for SD660 and 8056 based products, we have the ability to support full remote control of our devices via TeamViewer which is a feature that has been requested many times over the past few years. This uses the new Event Injection service which was added in Oreo and provides a method for third party apps to implement remote control without requiring app signing by Zebra. This service is enabled via the Service Access Action/Allow caller feature of AccessMgr CSP as detailed here Access Manager - Zebra Technologies Techdocs and requires a caller signature to be specified for the calling app (in this case the TeamViewer client). To simplify deployment of the required TeamViewer client and the XML required to enable it , the SN barcode below will deploy and enable the client on any Oreo Zebra device which has a preconfigured internet connection.
1. Preconfigure an internet connection , run StageNow and scan the barcode below:
2. Run the TeamViewer QuickSupport app and (provided the required ports are open on your network) , the client ID should be displayed on screen.
3. Run the TeamViewer PC client ( I used the PortableApps version at TeamViewer Portable (remote PC support and screen-sharing) | PortableApps.com ) and enter the client iD to connect.
4. Press the confirmation button on the device side to confirm that remote access should be allowed.
5. Device should connect and you will have full Remote Control access from the PC including file transfer . Thanks to Adam Arruda and Niv Schwager for sharing the required info to enable this feature :-) Raw XML is also attached to this post for use in a different profile/deployment method.