Barcode scanner activation through the Android app

R Rohan Malkhare 2 years 10 months ago
33 1 0

Hello Darryn,
We are using your example at the link below to assist us in making an android app for the Zebra CC500 device. The issue we are facing in our app is that the 2D barcode imager at the bottom of the device does not activate when the app is launched and so the barcode scan does not get initiated. As a ready comparison, the barcode imager does light up and activate when the default DWDEMO app that comes pre-installed with the device is launched. Our app is pretty much based on the code you have provided in the link below. Is there anything extra that we would need to add to the app to make sure the Barcode imager gets activated when the app is launched?
https://techdocs.zebra.com/datawedge/latest/guide/api/tutorials/
Thanking you in advance for your help.
Rohan Malkhare,
Senior Software Architect
JYSK Canada

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Darryn Campbell

Hi Rohan, I don't have a device here so I can't speak with certainty but I suspect this has something to do with the DataWedge profile.  The profile used by the DWDemo application is called 'DWDemo' and you will see it in the 'DataWedge Profiles' screen if you launch DataWedge.  I suggest you compare the profile for your application against the profile for DWDemo and you might want to start with "Configure scanner settings" (under barcode input) --> "Reader params" --> "Aim Type" which I suspect may need to be 'Presentation' on the CC500 but I'm not sure.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?