TC25 scanned image to a network folder

C Cliff Conway 2 years 11 months ago
1 2 0

Hi,
I have an application that runs on a Windows PC. It looks at images and performs OCR and extracts text. This is currently working.
My question is, Is it possible to setup a Zebra TC25 Rugged SmartPhone (either using WAN, LAN, USB or Bluetooth) to send the results of scans (either an image or a bar code) to a network folder that I can then access from the Window App. I appreciate that if this is possible I may not be available straight out of the box and may involve some work. However, I just need to know if this is possible before I start trying to piece it together.
Any advice or pointers to documentation or examples that could help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

C Cliff Conway

Darryn thank you very much for your response it gave me all I needed to resolve my question.

D Darryn Campbell

Hi,
It is not possible to extract an image of the barcode from the TC25 imager (scanner).
To send the barcodes as text strings you have a couple of options:
- Use the DataWedge IP output plugin (https://techdocs.zebra.com/datawedge/8-0/guide/output/ip/) to send the data to an IP address.  Although that is designed to be used on conjunctions with a desktop tool to place the scan data in the clipboard or output as keystrokes.
- Write a custom app to upload the barcode data as required.  I have never tried to write data to a network folder from Android but I guess it must be possible.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?