Add data to template label and print

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 10 months ago
16 1 0

Hi,
I recently received a Zebra ZM400 that I am to use to print labels for a product in a production line.
The printing is done "in-line", i e the data values to print are available after the device has been tested and configured. So we cannot print in advance.
This is small scale, so there will be no dedicated "label printing station", everything is done on a single station.
Knowing that printer problems will occur, I don't want to be absolutely dependent on the printer, so my idea is to;
* create a data file with the values (csv, xml, whatever works)
* save it to a folder that is monitored by a printer software
* when handled, the software takes a template file, adds the data values from the data file, and sends it to the printer
What software could fix this for me?
Alternatively, I send directly to printer from my (.NET) code.
How would that work? How to specify the template file and the data values? Can it be done in a zpl file?
Any help is appreciated!

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

S Steven Si

There are two options to consider
1. A ready to use solution, ZebraDesigner Professional 3. This edition of ZebraDesigner tool allows you to design your own label, to connect to a data source to get the input and to print. Simply download & install, then you are ready to go. A license fee is required after the first 30 day trial.
2. Creating your own .NET application. This requires some development effort. You can design your own label template with ZebraDesigner for Developers 3 tool. Then download Link-OS SDK for .NET to create your own .NET application. You can either send the label template to the printer and let the printer to merge the data via template printing, or you can let your application to merger the data with the template and send the final label format to the printer to print. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?