MPA1.0 Maintenance Release Update

// Expert user has replied.
T Thomas Cassar 3 years ago
0 5 0

PEB's have been released with details on the upcoming Maintenance Release for CE5.0 and the WM6.1 OS Upgrade: http://salesinsight.symbol.com/SI-ProductSalesTools/PEBs.cfm
PEB0095:WM 6.1 (BSP9.0) OS UPG FOR MPA1.0 PRODUCTS

PEB0096S MAINT RLSE (BSP35.0) FOR WCE5.0

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Under the new paradigm, that is exactly what you will need to do.  For a customer under warranty, but no support contract, you will need to request an SPR to get the bug fix ported to the BSP that was on the units when they purchased the devices. Of course that assumes they are still within their one year warranty.  Once out of warranty, they will no longer be entitled to any support, including bug fixes. If the customer is under an active service contract, then no worries.  They will be entitled to all bug fixes, phone support (Tier1&2), and Maintenance Release updates.

M Mark Mann

Team, Question I now have is how will this work in the service repair center.  In the past customers would send the units into repair and typically service would update the device to the latest OS.  So depending on your customer's take this may or may not be a good thing.  Will service center now follow this rule where customers with support contracts get the latest software updates versus non support customer get their older version of the BSP loaded back on them?  If so how old of a BSP version(s) will the Service Center support or will they simply not load any software unless there is some support agreement?  The reason I ask is I have some install with old BSP where they don't want to change as this has been working fine.  Hence my questions. Cheers, Mark

T Thomas Cassar

One minor correction to the PEB:

Correction to SPR 14673 Fix:

It’s meant to read that Non-ROHS units were working fine while the newer MC100 ROHS-Units were having a problem and actually it was an isssue for CE4.2 and not CE5.0.  So it is not relevant.

T Thomas Cassar

Release Date Update: Due to a change in financial accounting procedures, the CE5 Maintenance Release is not permitted to be released until January 1, 2009.  In addition at that time, only customers who are under an active support contract will be permitted access to the Maintenance Release. Product marketing will be issuing a PMB to explain the details. This does not affect the planned posting of the WM6.1 OS upgrade which requires the purchase of a $50 upgrade license per device.

J Juergen Schirp

Hi Tom, we have customers that recently bought f.e. MC3090. These units are still under warranty. They found issues and ask for bug fixes. I was told that these issues are fixed with BSP35. Do I need to open a SPR for every issue now and will they get a fix for each of these issues? Or will they get BSP35 as bugfix? Thanks Juergen

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?