SymScript SD Card Test Script

// Expert user has replied.
M Marc Fluhrer 3 years 4 months ago
3 3 0

Does anyone have a pre-written script that will test an SD card in a terminal? I need to test SD card on the MC9060K and MC9090K for a customer. They would like the terminal to do a read/write to an SD card every 10 or 30 seconds the terminal is running, and create a local log if it was successful or not. We are trying to find out if the SD card disconnects. Thanks for any help.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello marc, You can do this with a script but there is not one already written.  You could also run several threads or instances of symscript to make the test more stressful, using different files sizes.  There is a script command to calculate the CRC of a file - so you could use this to check for corruption.

M Marc Fluhrer

I know SymScript could do what I am trying to do, but I am not a programmer and I was hoping someone may have had a base to start with. All we are trying to do is test if the SD card actually stays connected in these terminals, because it has not in the past. I will try to write something from scratch.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Marc, Attached is a script that will read the contents of a text file (\application\test.txt) into a variable, calculate the CRC and then write out to SD every 10 seconds, after each write it calculates the CRC and compares to the orignal CRC - if different displays an error.  To vary how much you write change the size of test.txt. It writes the results in the task window,  not to a file. Download latest symscript from http://compass.mot.com/go/280644427

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?