Enterasys

M Michael Oliver 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Does anyone have any up to date competitive information on Enterasys? Thanks Mick

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

I worked for Enterasys from 1995 to 2007 through both the good times and the slide into near oblivion and stay in touch with some of my former co-workers.  Enterasys marketing revolves mostly around their "Policy" base networking which from a wireless standpoint is very much like our "Role based firewall" They also have a competitive offering to our "adaptive AP structure"  called  local switching. I believe their current wireless offerin is based on the Chantry aquisition by Siemens and the Enterasys SIements partnership in the networking space. From a business viewpoint, Enterasys continues to loose major accounts. Aurora Healthcare and HCSC were the last 2 major accounts in the Chicago / Milwaukee metro area and have now moved toward a Cisco infrastructure. Enterasys major focus has been education, where the management application supporting Policy has been well accepted for its flexibility. Enterasys is privately held by Gores Technology (a venture capital firm in the US) and as such is not required to provide public financial results. Anyone you talk to working for the company will tell you how well things are going, but I doubt if annual revenues exceed $200 million.  As a result of the low revenue stream, both Research and staffing are kept at minimal levels, and their longer term survival in the industry is unlikely.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?