MC55 GPS and SOTI conflict

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sayer 3 years ago
0 5 0

One of my customers is seeing disruptions while accessing the GPS data on a MC55.  They have an application that keeps the GPS comport open all of the time and collects coordinates every minute.  The problem is that some devices stop reporting coordinates during the day.  If the application is stopped and started the data points are accessible.    These devices also have SOTI loaded on them and I’m leaning toward this as being the issue. 

Has anyone else had an issue with SOTI being loaded on a device and had interruptions of collecting GPS data?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

G Glenn Sayer

Already tried this.  Helped but did not resolve the issue.

D Don Khan

I have a similar issue reported on the MC75A6 where several applications are demonstrating the same properties.  I have tried the reg hacks provided in previous DevCentral postings to no avail.  The problem still persists. Another sympton is that of a lockup if the applications are launched when the GPS is out of line of sight of the satellites. I will be working with the partner tomorrow to get a better understanding of the issue.  I will also be provisioning an MC5574 and an MC7596 with the partner's environment to see if the symptoms exists on those devices.

B Brian Safran

I have an SPR opened on a very similar issue (#18679). My customer has been using MC7596's for the past year. They are on BSP 27 and are also using SOTI Mobicontrol. They shutdown GPS and reopen it every 15 minutes for a geofencing application. We have recenlty seen that GPS does not restart. We also have been using SUPL which we think might be contributing to the issue. The are using the Microsoft GPS API so are not accessing via Com 8. We also have had the handheld lock a few times as mentioned below.

P Pavel Bodjanac

Hi Glenn, My customer is testing the new early MC75A8 units with SOTI and have complained seeing something similar. They reflashed the units and reloaded the software and said things started working again. They had to do this twice so far on one device. I will be out until June 14th and will not be able to share any more update with you until I get back. Let me know if you found anything.

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar
CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?