AP-7131 WAN port inaccessible

// Expert user has replied.
A Antony Lee 3 years 1 month ago
0 4 0

Does anyone know that whether there is a model of AP-7131 which the WAN is physically disable in the factory ? There are 2 AP-7131 tri-radio in my office. Both of their WAN ports are inaccessible. When I checked the WAN stats pages, they showed up "Enabled" but the links were down. I have tried to reset the units, however, the WAN ports were still "Enabled" but links down. Regards Antony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Alona Gian

How are you powering up the AP?

A Antony Lee

Hi Chris, Alex Thanks for advising. I was using af POE. I'll check with using at POE. Regards Antony

C Christopher Hinsz

What level of power are you using to supply the units?  The WAN port can be disabled if you are running off 802.3af power only.    CSH

A Alexandre Silva

Antony How are the AP-7131Ns being powered?  How did you configure it, i.e. are you using all 3 radios? Depending on the power source (802.3af or 802.3at)  you might have some of the interfaces disabled. This can be found on the AP-7131N Installation Guide:
The Power Injector (Part No. AP-PSBIAS-1P3-AFR) is a high power POE Injector delivering up to 30

watts. The access point can only use a Power Injector when connecting the unit to the access point’s

GE1/POE port. The Power Injector is separately ordered and not shipped with an existing AP SKU.

An AP-7131 and AP-7131N can also be used with the 3af power injector (AP-PSBIAS-1P2-AFR).

However, AP functionality is limited when powered by an AP-PSBIAS-1P2-AFR, since the AP has

Ethernet connectivity limited to only the GE1 port. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?