MC75 - Using function keys on RDP CLIENT ON WM6

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoav Gottreich 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

Customer want to use function keys over WM6 RDP - Is it possible? can someone send me a reference how to use this? Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

M Milan Riha

Dave, where can I find program called TSCHelper? Or could you please send it to me? Thanks Milan

E Efkan YILMAZ

I've attched the WM 6.0/6.1 version of TSCHelper to this post. See the readme.txt file for installation instructions.  Configuration settings are commented in the the .reg file. The wpctsc.exe which is used in WM 6.0/6.1 is a strange beast.  Once started, it remains memory resident until a warm boot occurs, even if the session is stopped.  Also, it has a hardcoded 15 minute inactivity timeout for each session. TSCHelper is designed to work around these problems.  The function keys are automatically trapped and sent to the server in the correct format when the TSC Window has focus. Since this program is used by Wal-Mart, it is updated / bug fixed periodically.  I expect to update it for WM 6.5 at some point, probably this fall, but it hasn't been scheduled yet. If you have any other questions about TSCHelper specifically, please email me directly. Dave Mohnke

E Efkan YILMAZ

Is it possible to get WM6.5 compatible version of TCSHelper? Markus

E Efkan YILMAZ

In Windows Mobile on the MC75, part of the problem that you see is that some of the Function keys are trapped by the OS since the Phone Keys (red and green phone buttons on the keypad) are really F4 and F5.  The volume up/down keys are F6 and F7.  You should be able to use UnregisterHotKey() to correct this. If the "KeyboardHook:i" value in the .rdp file is set to 0, try setting it to 1.  Then the server rather than the local computer interprets the keys. There is one other problem that could occur.  If the application on the host is looking for an escape sequence (aka VT escape sequences) for the function keys, then the solution gets somewhat complicated.  You'd need to create an app that traps the function keys using the KeyboardHook API's, translates them into the approriate escape sequence and inject them into the RDP program.  There is a program that already does this called TSCHelper - This program also performs auto login for RDP too. Dave Mohnke ECRT Applications Support for Strategic Customers

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?