Capturing with camera via EMDK

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years ago
3 5 0

EMDK is supposed to support colour camera, as said in the help file:
Still Image Capture Overview

There are two options available for adding still image capture capability to your application.

Microsoft Direct Show

EMDK Image Capture C API

Both options support the following imaging devices:

Color Camera

SE4400 (Pico)

SE4500 (Blockbuster)

The thing is ImagerSample demo does not even detect camera device... IMAGE_FindFirst simply returns E_IMG_NOMOREITEMS error on a MC75 which certainly has a working colour camera! Any trick to make it work? I tried messing with the registry, to no avail of course. First thing I saw there is that camera seems not be one of the imager devices, under [HKLM]/drivers/builtin/Imager. Is this normal? Thanks!

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

P Prashanth Kadur

v1.1 will be released today or early tomorrow.

P Prashanth Kadur

v1.1 is now released with the following added features:
Version 1.01.01 adds the following features - requires version 1.00.03 to be installed first

Single CAB file adds enhancements for all supported devices, including MC75, MC55, MC75A, and MC9500.
The highest resolution of the camera can now be accessed using the capability IMG_DEVCAP_RESOLUTION. For example, on a device with 3 MP Camera, the 2048x1536 resolution can now be obtained. In version 1.00.03, the maximum resolution supported by the API was limited to 800x600 even though some cameras were capable of higher resolutions.
AutoFocus is now enabled when using the Imager API.
The quality of the pictures taken using the Blockbuster Imager has been improved.
The brightness of the picture can now be modified using the capability IMG_ACQCAP_BRIGHTNESS. When available, the use of illumination is recommended to increase the brightness.

H Hunter Bradshaw

I have this working on the MC75.  I installed the color imager API - from support.symbol.com.  Modified an imager app I have written to use IMG2: - worked OK.  Also the imager emumeration does work, it is reporting IMG1: and IMG2: I also know of several customers that also have this working.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks Paul! Yes, actually the "trick" was installing the cab to support colour camera capture. Yet, if you compare a photo taken with "Pictures" and another taken with our EMDK... what a difference! Basically due to focussing.

H Hunter Bradshaw

Yes, the current 1.0 release does not support the auto focus and only resolutuions upto 800*600.  The next release should address these issues - out very soon (I hope)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?