Cold Boot an MC75 programmatically

A Arno Scholten 3 years 5 months ago
2 6 0

How can I perform a cold boot on a MC75 device within a c++ application?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

A Arno Scholten

This regkey seems to increase on a cold boot and a warm boot. But I want to know what type of reboot the device has made. To detect a clean boot is not the problem.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Write a dummy flag file to \Cache disk before booting. A WB will preserve it. A CB won't. So you will know what happened, won't you?

A Arno Scholten

Thank you. Your code works out of the box.

A Arno Scholten

Is it possible to detect programmatically if the device has made a cold boot or a warm boot?  

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yes, read the bootcount from the registry. Its 1 after a cleanboot and increments by 1 after each warmboot.If on WM it will only be reset on a cleanboot, therefore check the date to see if its been reset to its default. Regkey is [HKLM\Comm] "BootCount"=dword:0000

E Efkan YILMAZ

I've attached the C++ files that perform this task.  Function is called "RebootDevice()".  Will execute either a Warm or a Cold Boot using either the Cad.dll (Motorola specific) or KernelIoControl (Microsoft specifc) methods. With the Warm Boot, you have the option of performing the Application Directory registry merge too. This method does not perform a Clean Boot.  That can only be performed through OSUpdate at this time. Hope this helps. Dave Mohnke

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?