FR68 and EMDK

H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years ago
1 0 0

Hello,

We have an opportunity where a customer has some MC70's and is unhappy with this, after something smaller with 3G, so we are pushing the FR68 device as a solution. The customer has an existing application  which utilizes .Net CF 3.5 and the symbol.all.arm.cab files.

When loading these files on the FR68 and running the application, it throws back a "MissingMethodExemption" error.

I have loaded the same files on an MC75 and everything works well, but the symbol.all.arm.cab file must also be loaded on this device to work. I have also tried other devices, without the symbol.all.arm.cab file, such as my old Palm Treo running WM6.1, and it also works fine. Also tried other manufacturers devices without issue.

I think that the issue is, that the FR68 does not support the symbol.all.arm.cab file. This file comes from the Symbol EMDK for .Net, but looking at the release notes for ver 2.3, appears that the FR68 and FR6000 are not supported.

So my question is, is there a dev kit with equivalent symbol.all.arm.cab file to support FR68.....There are issues with re-writing the app to suit this device.

Thanks

Glenn

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?