Battery charger for the ES400

// Expert user has replied.
N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 4 months ago
5 8 0

One of our partners asked me about this a few days ago. Since the ES400 SS cradle does not support spare battery charging how is someone supposed to charge the spare battery when there´s need to use the terminal (i.e. restaurants)? We are currently discussing a deal for hundreds of these with our hospitality partners and we think that the lack of a spare battery charging solution might be an issue. Are there any plans to offer battery chargers for the ES400? Otherwise what should we tell to partners? Thanks in advance

Please Register or Login to post a reply

8 Replies

J Joe Mozolic

Per Ron Kaminski: ES400 External battery cahrger should be announced in July with support for both 1X & 2X batteries.

M Marcus Kurath

I worked an opportunity recently where one of the customer requests was a "toaster" type charger. They advised "this is like a consumer mobile phone and without an external battery charger, we need to purchase many more devices to run a continuous 27x7 environement" It seems reasonable that we would investigate this

N Nikolaos Mastorakos

Team, is there an update on this? Thanks in advance.

B Brian Safran

Any update? Still looking for a way to charge a spare battery for ES400.

R Robert Galvin

Nikos - there are plans  in place for an ES400 battery charger. It will be available early next year. When I find more details about it, I will share.

P Pavel Bodjanac

I agree with Nikos as I also have a customer interested in buying many of them but the lack of external battery charging functionality is crippling this sale. My customer users are fully mobile (as in walking; no car, cart, nor any mobile power source that can charge a battery) and do not have time to stop to charge the ES400. They want to swap a drained battery with a freshly charged battery and keep on moving. With the current external battery charging functionality, they would have to purchase two units for every user, and that is cost prohibitive. Rob, I know you said something may come up for next year, but this lack of functionality is hurting our sales now. Any news on addressing this since your last post?

H Herbert de Jong

ES400 is positioned as The Optimal Mobile Enterprise Device and focusing on Mobile Workers and Managers. In that usuage environment there is not much need to swap batteries and use devices in shifts, as the device is used as a personal device and will last during working hours and beyond. ES400 is available with 1x and 2x battery and there are desk and vehicle chargers available , with those solutions and programs which are designed with battery power limitations of mobile devices in mind, think you can answer the partner accordingly. Also ES400 ships with AC travel charger and usb cable in the box, that can be used for overnight charging.

N Nikolaos Mastorakos

Thanks Herbert, unfortunately this does not solve the problem we might come up with. Here in Greece, our hospitality partners are looking for something cheap to replace their MC50s and of course avoid the more expensive MC55. In the current MC50 environment where the user is working on WiFi all the time, battery life is important and the availability of spare batteries is a must. The problem lies at having these spare batteries charged so that when the terminals run out of power the users will be able to keep on working. That explains the need for a spare battery charging solution.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?