K2 new systems in WI -Shawano Co. and Waushara Co. WI

S Sunil A 3 years ago
0 0 0

HI All, I have posted a thread that happend outside DevCentral. Going forward I have asked the answers/questions be done via DevCentral so all can benefit from the discussion. best, sunil

Felderman Bill-cbf003
Subject: RE: K2 new systems in WI - Discuss Shawano Co. and Waushara Co. WI
RE: K2 new systems in WI - Discuss Shawano Co. and Waushara Co. WI

in order to have the data pipe, the configuration manager is needed, a PDG is needed, a GGSN is needed, a border gateway is needed, a core gateway is need, a LAN switch is needed, a firewall is needed, a CEN switch is needed. So a K-core with integrated data and remove GCP 8000 (CSC) along with BRs.

Newkirk Dennis-C15590
Let me clarify, in order to have the data pipe, the configuration manager is needed too.

Anything else Bill?

Dennis

Williams Ruth-C10892
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:15 AM
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:15 AM
To: Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Felderman Bill-cbf003
Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Felderman Bill-cbf003
Cc: Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036
Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036
I am not sure about the final question on number 3, I will leave that to Bill and Kathy. (If we need to I can reach out to some other team members - let me know)

Ruth

Jungers Douglas-CDJ010
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:13 AM
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:13 AM
To: Williams Ruth-C10892; Felderman Bill-cbf003
Williams Ruth-C10892; Felderman Bill-cbf003
Cc: Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036
Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036
Bill and Ruth,

Thank you for the feedback…this is what I was hoping for!

Ruth…see below for answers to your questions. Note that there is a follow-up question to #3 regarding a standalone IV&D data application without MCC7500 consoles.

Regards,

Doug

Doug Jungers

Motorola System Engineering

Office: 608-661-4601

Mobile: 608-215-5554

Email:

douglas.jungers@motorola.com

Williams Ruth-C10892
Please seem my comments in red.

Felderman Bill-cbf003

See responses inline below:

Jungers Douglas-CDJ010
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:43 PM
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:43 PM
To: Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
Cc: Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590
Laverdiere Judith-CSBU20; Newkirk Dennis-C15590
Sorry for the multiple emails, but I had a few additional questions.

The second proposal I am working on is for Shawano County, and they currently operate on a competitor's console with control station access to their radio network. At this time, they do not have any plans to migrate to the MCC7500 console (possible in the future, but not right now). With that in mind, I have the following questions…

1. Without the need to interface to MCC7500 consoles, and assuming the answer to the question below is YES, is a K-core required for operation of the digital IP simulcast subsystem?

NO (Is this customer expecting to interface the GCM 8000 comparator to a competitors console? If so - how? RW) No, the customer will continue to use RF control stations for accessing the system from their existing consoles. DJ

2. Is the K-core used/needed to configure the digital IP simulcast network?

NO, CSS will be used to configure the comparators and base stations, CCSi/UO will provide configuration files for the network equipment, the field will install these configuration files if updates are needed in the field, so make sure CCSi gets all the information they need to configure the system.

3. If the K-core is required, is a MCC7500 console required? I thought I saw this in one of the planners (system or quotation)…

Yes, there is no reason to use a K-core if the system will not use an MCC 7500 console (the K-core system will always use an MCC 7500 console). (We do have some customers that might look at K core solution that do not need console, but do want the Integrated Data Pipe - this requires the core. RW) This is Shawano County. They would like us to option out the IV&D infrastructure for use with POP25. In this instance, would an MCC7500 position be required if we were only using the K-core for IV&D data? No MCC 7500 would be required for integrated data, just the core and data pipe.

4. If the K-core is not required for configuration/operation of a digital conventional IP simulcast channel, what other features would be lost if it was omitted from the system?

All the console features (see the console system planner). (Integrated Data will not be available RW) Understood DJ

Regards,

Doug

Doug Jungers

Email:

Jungers Douglas-CDJ010
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:46 PM
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:46 PM
To: Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
Jungers Douglas-CDJ010; Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
All,

During the review, we had some good discussion regarding the level of redundancy that we were aiming for in these designs…one thing that I wanted to discuss, but forgot to ask was relating to the failure scenario for the event that the digital conventional prime site looses both connections to the K2 core. In this event, does simulcast communications continue assuming connectivity is maintained to the remaining remote subsites?

If someone can provide clarification on this, I would appreciate it!

Regards,

Doug

Doug Jungers

Email:

Jungers Douglas-CDJ010
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:48 AM
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:48 AM
To: Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
Anantharaman Sunil-CSA036; HALE MIKE-CASA26; Felderman Bill-cbf003; Smolen Kathy-C00388; Williams Ruth-C10892
Sunil,

We were able to get through the design for the Waushara County proposal. There were some changes that need to be made and incorporated in the final design (mainly to the simulcast prime site). I sent my system diagram file (Visio format) to Bill and he is going to mark it up and send it back with the necessary changes. Once I receive these changes, I will update the equipment lists and send out to the team for a final review.

I should be able to update the Shawano design based on the feedback from Waushara.

Overall, the time was very well spent, and I appreciate everyone's time with the review!

Regards,

Doug

Doug Jungers

Email:

From: Jungers Douglas-CDJ010 Subject: SR79 Conventional Proposals

Sunil,

During the Conventional SME kickoff call earlier today, we discussed a couple of presale proposal projects that I am working that are due at the end of the month.

The first is Waushara County, WI. This will be a new system that will include a mix of analog and digital conventional channels, all simulcasted from six sites. This analog channels are obviously all circuit based. There is a single digital channel that will be configured utilizing the SR7.9 conventional architecture utilizing a K2 core and a single 6-site IP digital simulcast channel. Also included are three MCC7500 consoles at a single dispatch location (collocated with the K2 core).

I included a block diagram of the system along with the equipment list for the SR7.9 components of the system. I put this together by parsing through the SR7.9 planner, along with other ancillary material (i.e. SR7.9 training, quotation planners, etc.) I feel pretty comfortable that I am close, but I would appreciate assistance with reviewing this information to make sure I have everything covered for the digital architecture.

The other project that I mentioned is Shawano County, WI. This will be a new 5-site, 2-channel IP simulcast system with a K2 core, and no console. I have attached the equipment list for this project as well. I don't have a system diagram, but it would obviously be similar to the Waushara diagram with the addition of a second digital channel and the removal of all the analog components. This customer is also interested in IV&D data. I haven't had time to put together the list for this option, but I would appreciate assistance reviewing that option when it is available (hopefully later this week).

Note...these lists do not include the Trak9100 GPS units...I have these covered on a separate list.

Thank you, and please let me know if there is any other info that you need.

Regards,

Doug

Doug Jungers

Email:

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?