DataWedge Autostart

// Expert user has replied.
D Don Khan 3 years 5 months ago
239 3 0

Can someone shed some light on the Autostart feature of Datawedge and how it should work on the ES400.  I do see the Datawedge link in the Windows\Startup folder however it fails to launch on boot.  The only means of getting this to work currently is to create a link to the DWCtlApp application and to copy this link to the Windows\Startup folder.  A customer called this in and I was able to verify that DataWedge did not launch at boot. What is the function of the autostart option?  Is it only to launch the defined application?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

D Don Khan

Thanks Roman...begs the question, the function of the Autostart selection.  If a registry file is required to autostart DataWedge then I presume that the Autostart paramenter will enable or disable the auto run of the defined applicaiton.  Is this the case?

R Roman Woloszczuk

The Autostart setting in the Settings section has no relation to whether DataWedge starts on a reboot.

The Autostart option is described in the DataWedge Help file as follows...
Use the Autostart menu to define which application should be automatically launched when a barcode is scanned while the mobile device is displaying the Today Screen (on Windows Mobile devices) or the Desktop (on Windows CE devices).
Granted that DataWedge must be running for this option to have any effect.

More information on the Autostart option can be found in the DataWedge Help file under DataWedge Configuration > Advanced > DataWedge Settings > Desktop AutoStart Option

R Roman Woloszczuk

When DataWedge is built into a BSP, DataWedge autostart is governed by the following registry key...
[HKLM\Software\Motorola\DWStartUp] DontLoadOnStartUp=dword:00000000
The default value is set by the product teams. In the case of the ES400 this value is defaulted to 1, so that DataWedge does not start on a reboot. Changing the value to 0 will cause DataWedge to autostart.

Cut and paste the above into a .reg file in the \Application folder for persistance.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?