MC55 OS downgrade from 6.5 to 6.1

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
12 3 0

Hello Team, As you know, new MC55 orders are coming with WM6.5 OS. I'm just curious about if it's possible to load WM6.1 OS on it or is it possible to have WM6.1 view onthe screen mfor the existing customer applications. I'll be appreciated for your comments. Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

The downgrade image will restore the partition sizes from WM6.1.  If you don't need to recover the space (about 16MB additional used in WM6.5), then you can simply load any prior WM6.1 update loader package. Here is a more detail from the presentation I gave at one of the TAVT sessions:  

No upgrade license fee or license file required.  Devices are licensed for “WM6”
Seamless upgrade/downgrade between WM6.1 and WM6.5
due to larger OS size, device needs to be repartitioned;
OS changed from 64MB to 80MB to support WM 6.5 COM3. (16MB less flash available to user compared to WM6.1)
• In order to recover the 16MB on a downgrade a “downgrade” package must be used.  If the 16MB is not a concern then the previous Update Loader package can be used
• A BSP35-English, “Downgrade Package” will be provided, would require two steps to downgrade to a different prior BSP and language if the 16MB needs to be recovered
• If the 16MB is not needed, than any prior Update Loader package can be used to revert back to WM6.1

A Andrew Wood

A downgrade image is availabe  on support.symbol.com. Look for the Update Loader Image v03.38.04 and you will find the downgrade to WM6-1

E Efkan YILMAZ

Dear Andrew , I'll check it Thanks for the info.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?