Can IIS (MSP.web) run on other Server than MSP's?

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years ago
0 5 0

Is it possible to have MSP services running on one Server and IIS (providing MSP.web) on another?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks Andrew, I agree with you, and actually that's what I suggested to the customer ("Do you really need this?").

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Larry, I do not -personally- have nothing in mind :) ; a customer of mine just raised me this curious question... and I just forwarded it to the savvy's side... It's not important nor urgent: they just wanted to know. thanks!

L Larry Dykes

More information - if you are using MSP 3.3.1, then yes you can run the services on one server and the web service on another server - you do it by telling the installation "interviewer" tthat's what you want to do. On the installation scenario page of the interviewer, you have to click the Advanced button to access this option.

A Andrew Knight

I would strongly discourage even mentioning this capability to customers. Unless they have an absolute requirement for this resulting in a go/no-go decision on using MSP, there is no need for such a configuration. Performing this type of install requires a high level of expertise in MSP, SQL and Windows Server. Attempting this type of install complicates the installation process making it more error prone. Even in the largest implementations of MSP, separating the services would have a VERY MINIMAL impact of performance and reliability of the MSP system.

L Larry Dykes

generally, no. but tell us - what is it exactly that you had in mind?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?