The MPA2.0 OS Maintenance Release (MR) program is currently in T&V RC2 stage for our next release targeted for the January 2011 timeframe on the following products:
- MC9590, MC9596, MC9598
- MC75A0, MC75A6, MC75A8
- MC3190 WM6.5, MC3190 CE6
General highlights of this release:
- WM6.5 AKU 5.3.9 (minor update to AKU5.3.x)
- OS support for new hardware (future devices with new hardware will not be able to backrev to older OS releases, however this release will be compatible with both existing and new hardware)
- new display for MC75A’s
- new flash memory for all products
- Software support for potential release of new scanner variants: SE960, l ong r ange imager, SE4500HD and DL
- French, German, Italian, Spanish: extended localization of Motorola applets
- Includes MAX demo application for MC95xx and MC75A – built-in and pre-installed
- Includes Team Express (non-trial, full licensed version) CAB installation file – MC95xx, MC75A, MC3190 WM6.5
- Technology component updates: Fusion, BTE, MSP/RD client, scanner
- SMS Turkey encoding fix
- CE6: additional Regional Settings locale support (all locales from prior CE5 products included)
- CE6: R3 features
· Internet Explorer Embedded
· Flash Lite
· Touch and Gesture
I am taking requests for those that are interested in providing feedback on the BETA builds.
We will be conducting BETA on MC75A0, MC75A6, MC75A8, MC9596, MC3190 and MC3190 CE6. We expect the BETA software build to be available by the end of the week for WM6.5 and in two weeks for CE6. At this time due to resource constraints, we are only planning to make available English builds; however requests for additional languages will be considered and prioritized.
If you are interested in testing the BETA and providing feedback, please send me an email (DO NOT REPLY TO THE FORUM) with the product to be tested, the country in which it will be tested, the customer (or indicate yourself as the tester, if it will not go to a customer), how many units of that type the customer currently has deployed, and the WAN carrier used if a phone model.
Customer participation in the BETA program: Current customers must be under an active support contract in order to qualify for participation in the BETA. Determination of this qualification is the responsibility of the TA/Account Team. In addition, customer's wishing to participate in the BETA must complete a BETA agreement (attached) BEFORE they are given the software. Note you are permitted to demonstrate the BETA software to a customer without the completion of the agreement, but you may not give them the software, load the software onto the customer's units, or leave your device with the BETA software with the customer without completion of the BETA agreement. Changes to the BETA agreement will not be accepted.
Please note that if you provide the build to a customer for BETA, you will be responsible for providing first line support and feeding back issues to the development team. Tier1/2 and ECRT does not provide support for BETA programs.
The software will be provided under conditions of BETA and must be removed from the devices once the production release is available.