Regional Settings

// Expert user has replied.
J Jamie Craig 3 years 5 months ago
23 5 0

How do you change Regions via MSP? Settings, System, Regional Settings. The factory setting is English (United States), but I want to set it to English (Australia). Is there a specific MSP Setting or do I need a blob? Thanks, Jamie

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

J Jamie Craig

Thanks Allan, I'll have a go! Regards, Jamie

J Jamie Craig

Agree completely for the server side. I was trying to modify the settings on the devices. Those weird backwards dates that the Yanks use upsets the delicate eyes of us Aussies... :-)

A Allan Herrod

Jamie; There is no specific Settings Class for Regional Settings (we had it on the list for MSP 3.3.1 but it did not make the cut).  But two things DID make the cut for MSP 3.3.1 that you can use to accomplish this: the XMLProv Settings Class and the Registry Settings Class. The XMLProv Settings Class is pretty-much limited to Windows Mobile devices because Microsoft only provides a useful set of CSPs (Configuration Service Providers) in Windows Mobile, not in Windows CE.  But if you are interested only in configuring Windows Mobile devices, it is generally easy to find a snipet of Provisioning XML that you can use as-is or customize to achieve your desired result.  The XMLProv Settings Class makes it easy to use Provisioning XML files as-is (assuming they are valid format). The Registry Settings Class makes it easy to make a few simple Registry changes or to deploy a REG file that you may have.  One nice thing about the Registry Settings Class is that you don't have to mess with Packaging the REG content, the Registry Settings Class does that for you.  One thing about doing configuration via the Registry is it can vary from device to device and OS version to OS version.  But if you have some Registry changes that you now work, the Registry Settings Class can make it easy to deploy.

A Allan Herrod

Jamie; The following is an example of Provisioning XML for Regional Settings:

A Andrew Knight

Jamie, If you want to change the regional settings on your MSP server, I would strongly suggest changing it BEFORE you install SQL or MSP. MSP will simply use the current OS settings for the application and database when it is installed and there is no way to manually change the region settings in any MSP configuration. We assume that the OS language, SQL collation, regional settings, etc will remain unchanged.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?