How to set Fusion to allow only the 802.11B channels

// Expert user has replied.
P Philippe Piemont 3 years 5 months ago
11 2 0

Hi all, I am working in an old WIFI environment that hardly supports the 802.11G. the WLAN performances of our devices are bad in this environement compared to competitive products that can adjust the speed allowed on their devices. So I am willing to limit the allowed speed for our wireless adaptor to the 802.11B  allowed speed and remove all the 802.11G allowed speeds.  From the fusion GUI it is only possible to select 2.4GHz and/or  5.4GHz So in short I am looking for a way to choose the speed allowed in the 2.4GHZ range Via XML? or REG keys? ... Thank you for your help Regards   Philippe   

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D David Meyer

Hi Philippe, Unfortunately, Fusion does not have the ability to select data rates on the client side.  The only thing I can suggest is if the APs can't properly handle the 802.11g rates in that particular environment, the higher rates can be turned off on the AP. Dave

P Phillip Haritos

Hi Philippe, Dave is correct, today the Fusion code does not currently allow you to mask or disable specific channel settings as is common on the AP's.  There are plans to offer that feature in a future Fusion release, but today your best best is to disable the "G" datarates on the infrastructure.  Additionally even in a "G" capable network it is always good practice to disable some of the rates as I have noted on Cisco networks that enabling too many "G" rates will cause issues with legacy "B" rates when 802.11b is enabled.  This was a known issue with earlier Cisco iOS firmware, which has since been corrected so this information may or may not be applicable to your specific situation.  Regardless I typically recommend that you only enable 4 of the 8 data rates (1 per modulation scheme) on 802.11g capable networks, when 802.11b datarates are enabled or only enable all 802.11g datarates when 802.11b is disabled. Regards, Phillip Haritos

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?