Omni 9dBi vs Sector 8.5dBi

A Arsen Bandurian 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Hello, Team. This might sound lame, yet I want to ask. I compare have two antennas in our portfolio:
ML-2499-FHPA9-01R Indoor / Outdoor; Dipole; 9.0 dBi; 14/360 deg, N Male $249.00

ML-2499-11PNA2-01R Indoor / Outdoor; Panel; 8.5 dBi; 14/97 deg, RP-BNC Male + pigtail $365.00
Judging from the specs and the diagrams I conclude that FHPA9 antenna provides 9 dBi gain all over 360 degrees, while 11PNA2 struggles to provide 8.5 dBi gain in it's not so wide frontal lobe. The vertical (H-Plane) diagram of FHPA9 is also better than of 11PNA2. So, basically, FHPA9 will cover the same area that 11PNA2 covers and even much more. Is this right? Second. FHPA9 provides all-better coverage than 11PNA2, FHPA9 has a more expensive Type N connector. So WHY is this antenna CHEAPER than 11PNA? Thanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

R Ritesh Patel

Hi Arsen,

There could be more than one reason for the price difference.  Performance and the characteristic can have an impact on the price, but additional parameters such as, the unit volume, the amount of material used, the amount of accessories provided with the antenna, etc. can also play a major role in the final price of the product. For example, the ML-2499-11PNA2-01R is provided with mounting hardware that allows the user to mount the antenna on a wall, pole, or a mast.  Similarly, the ML-2499-FHPA9-01R antenna is only supplied with a mounting kit for mast mounting. I hope this helps clarify why the price for one antenna can be higher than the other. Regards, Ritesh

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?