MC75A: AppCenter & Button App remap conflict

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 5 months ago
2 6 0

Team,

I have remapped the left soft key of a QWERTY MC75A device to be "Button 1". I have then assigned "Button 1" to be Calculator.  This works fine. (i.e. pushing the left soft key now opens Calculator).

However when I enable AppCenter I have issues.

I have approved both the "Buttons" setting and the Calculator app within AppCenter however the left soft key doesn't work within AppCenter.

Strangely, if I approve "Word Mobile" and then assign the "Button 1" to "Word mobile" then the left soft key works within AppCenter (i.e. hitting the left soft key will open "Word Mobile").

I have attached the key remap file (only works on a QWERTY MC75A device). To test please;

1. Put the file in the Windows folder (you will copy over the old version)

2. Warm boot the device

Any Ideas?

regards,

Daniel

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

D Dennis Loong

Dan, Are you able to provide the scancode.h file?  I failed to get it work, it would be very helpful if I can take a look at that file. sorry to trouble you so much, really appreciate your help. cheers! Dennis

H Hunter Bradshaw

Dennis, Sorry mate I don't have any samples on NUM. I have attached the MC75A KBTools for you if you would like to try to do a remap. Dan

H Hunter Bradshaw

Dennis, I just did a quick remap of a NUMERIC MC75A for you. I have not tested it though! I just remapped F1(Left Soft Key) to App1 button. Please give it a try. Dan

D Dennis Loong

Hi Daniel, It' the attached .sct file applicable to numeric keypad?

H Hunter Bradshaw

No its only applicable to the QWERTY device.

BTW, the resolution was to unblock the blocked keys with the AppCenter options.

Cheers.

D Dennis Loong

do you have any sample on numeric keypad, eg - remap a softkey to button 1 which is assigned to calculator?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?