ES400 - Camera Support

// Expert user has replied.
M Miguel Hatrick 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

Hi: I'm trying to use the 'Symbol.Imaging' for accessing the imager using the emdk 2.4 on a ES400 and found that some dll's are missing. All started when i tried the following code from the examples:   Symbol.Generic.Device MyDevice =                         Symbol.StandardForms.SelectDevice.Select(                         Symbol.Imaging.Device.Title,                         Symbol.Barcode.Device.AvailableDevices);                     if (MyDevice == null)                     {                         MessageBox.Show("No Device Selected", "SelectDevice");                         this.Close();                         return;                     }                                          imager = new Symbol.Imaging.Imager(MyDevice); I got a missing dll error "IMGAPI32.dll". I dig a little on the web and found that you need to install some libs to enable this: https://docs.symbol.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/760/12683_f.html But the available libs don't support the ES400! I can't use the 'Windows Mobile - CameraCaptureDialog' because it won't get the job done the way it's needed. Anyone knows if the lib "Imager API Support" for the ES400 is available? I can't seem to find it :( Tried installing the libs available but, even when it will not throw the error, it will return an empty list when requesting the available imagers.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Yes, with DirectShow you can get the full resolution. Unfortunately the only way to accomplish what you are looking to do is through DirectShow.

E Efkan YILMAZ

The imager API is not supported on the ES400 or MC65 To take control of the camera you will need to use DirectShow if you do not wish to use CameraCaptureDialog

M Miguel Hatrick

Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Forms.CameraCaptureDialog does not get the job done since I cannot turn on the illuminator and the user has access the configuration of the camera, thing that I dont want him to. Also this opens a totally different dialog outside my program and has some funky workarounds when the users minimizes the application. Directshow as far as I read doesn't let you get the image in full resolution (3.2mp in this case) which is what i need. Basically I need the api as the MC75, MC55 and MC9500 have or I'll have to go away from motorola to another product that have this things implemented :S

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?