MSP 3.3.1 upgrade queries (licencing & SQL DB)

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

-          Licensing

A customer is currently licensed for 300+ (control & provisioning) devices and have SFS but I plan to migrate gradually over two months to version 3.3.1. What can be done on the licensing side to allow us to migrate to the new VM without any licensing issues?

-          Reporting & SQL database selection

The customer would like the ability to run crystal reports via the MSP database and would select the SQL DB requirements based on this type of requirement. This is something that should be possible, need to investigate what other customers are doing and what requirements are necessary before the VM and db instance is spec’d and built.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Sean Wheatley

I'm pretty sure that the existing MSP 3.x licenses (qty 300) are transferable to the new version 3.3.1 running on the new install. As long as the customer only has 1 instance of MSP server they shouldnt have to pay again for server software. They are entitled to the 3.3.1 upgrade if they have a software support agreement which it appears they do have. I dont know anyone using a 3rd party reporting tool to access the MSP database although it should be possible. I believe that you furst need to enable Asset Reporting via MSP to make the data available to a 3rd party tool such as Crystal.

A Allan Herrod

Use of third-party reporting tools is covered in some detail now in the document Administering MSP 3.3.1.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?