MSP 2.9 and MC3190

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Hello, Have a customer with MSP 2.9 and has been purchasing MC3090's. As this device is EOL, they are now purchasing MC3190 devices...but having issues connecting them to the older MSP 2.9 Appliance. Is there an MSP / Airbeam agent available for this device to connect to the MSP 2.9 Appliance. Thanks Glenn

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G Gary Hartstone

Hi Glenn, I'm facing the same issue and just last week did my on testing on the problem. Have managed to get both the WM6.5 and CE6.0 version of the MC3190 connectng to MSP2.9 Starting with a Clean OS I loaded the following packages... abup9090_l2 (SetupL2 1.2) Remote Control Agent (CE or PPC depending on OS) L2off (1.0) mspa_5_0 (2.9.39) ColdBoot (1.00) I leave the exisitng versions of Aibeam and Rapid Depoyment untouched on the MC3190 Devices will stage correctly and checkin with the MSP server, remote control works as well. MSP Agent will not report SSID/Radio settings back to MSP Server MSP Agent crashes on CE6.0 version if manually run but operated fine in the intray (due to CE6.0 having a new kernel, whereas WM6.5 uses the old CE5.0 kernel) Can't guarantee any other settings but if the customer just wants to use it for staging then it should work. However, moving to MSP3.X is a much better option if the customer is OK with the cost.

G Glenn Sheppard

Hi Guys, Thanks a lot for the responses...agree that MSP 3.3.1 would be the best way forward....but appreciate the workaround...will see if it works! Thanks Glenn

R Radim Kadlec

Hi Glen! No one in Motorola will guarantee you the MC31xx support in MSP 2.x. You should convince the end user to upgrade to MSP 3.3.1. If it is not possible I would follow these steps:

prepare all necesssary content (packages, bundles, settings etc.) in MSP 3.3.1
create Staging Profile and staging barcodes in MSP 3.3.1
MSP 3.3.1 will transfer the approprate content to its Relay Server
take this content from the MSP 3 Relay Server and use it on MSP 2 FTP server

It means you would only use the FTP server on your MSP 2. Nothing else. Radim Kadlec

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?