Need heavy duty asset tagging solution for MC95s

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Brugger 3 years ago
1 7 0

I have tried heavy duty labels and after 4 weeks they start to come off the MC95. Does anyone have a heavy duty labeling system/solution that will attach an asset tag label to a MC95 for the long term? Thanks.

Please register or login to post a reply

7 Replies

P Pavel Bodjanac

I believe one of our sales partners have software that use embedded RFID tags to do stuff like asset tracking/management and turn on alarms when the unit goes outside a designated boundary, etc... Check out Optical Phusion Inc Scott Arnold scott.arnold@opticalphusion.com 978-393-5919

C Charles Brugger

Customer not using RFID.

P Peter Arcuri

Thanks Charles for your feedback... Anyone one have customers using the embedded RFID tag in the MC95 for asset tracking? Feedback is greatly appreciated.

P Peter Arcuri

Based on the no response, it seems as none of our customers are using embedded RFID tag for specifically the MC95 . Allow me to extend that. Are we seeing customers wanting to or already have implemented a process to affix embedded RFID tag in side the device through our service depot facilites. Any one? Our customer has requested a service to crack open devices and insert RFID tags to MC55, MC65, MC75 and MC95 without attecting its operations. I'm hoping to hear from some one with a customer's experience around this.

j joseph boriotti

I don't know if this helps but the MC95 has a built-in RFID tag. This can be scanned with our RFID equipment.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Chuck, I have a customer tagging MC9090-G units and they ran into the same challenges with tags falling off or users removing them.  They are now putting the asset tag on the inside of the battery compartment. It's a little inconvenient to get to the tag number so they also etch the asset tag number on the side of the MC9090.  The only time they lose that number is when the device goes in for service and the housing/case gets replaced.

P Peter Arcuri

Charles, is your customer using the built-in rfid tag of the MC95 as asset tracking? If so, how well is it working?  Are there any published details around this rfid tag residing inside of the MC95?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?