ES400 headset audio mode

// Expert user has replied.
H Herbert de Jong 3 years 5 months ago
0 7 0

clarify 2308476 ES400 OEM 19.1 3 days.
When the ES400 is connected with a headset, the incoming call Ring tone is only coming in the headset and not from the phone. According to manual the below settings are enabled in Headset mode:

Audio Modes

The ES400 defaults to handset mode. When a wired headset is plugged into the ES400 headset port or a Bluetooth headset is configured for use with the ES400, the earpiece and speakerphone are muted and audio is heard through the headset

Is it somehow possible to have the ES400 to make a ringtone both in the phone and headset?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

G Gene Niles

you may want to talk to carol anne. I recall her looking into this a requirement at one point.

T Thomas Cassar

Herbert, What is the behavior on other device like iPhone and Droid? 

H Herbert de Jong

Tom, Nokia with wired headset has ringtone on device and on headset. HTC diamond with wired headset has ringtone on device and on headset. will check a Milestone tonite  and Iphone i dont have acces to.

D David Meyer

Ask your boss to buy you an iPhone ;)

H Herbert de Jong

hi  dave  MC70 or MC75 with a wired headset there is a incoming ringtone from the backspeaker and it is heard in the wired headset. with ES400  there is only ringtone on the wired headset. even with the BT fix 19732 on OEM 19 that is the same. I will enter a SPR for this

D David Meyer

I'm not sure what the requirements are for ES400, or if there are architectural limitations.  I guess you can open the SPR, and if it is a bug, we can send it to IAC, but the result still may be finding out that it is working the way marketing intended, or that it is limited by hardware. Dave

D David Meyer

Herbert, you are talking about a BT headset?  There was SPR 19723 for this already and you have the posting documents that were waiting for regulatory approval before posting. Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?