how to prevent File System/OS corruption in Windows mobile 6.1 device

K Kultida Chatarupachewin 3 years 5 months ago
5 1 0

I have a customer using NewsPage SFA application on MC5574 and FR6876. They run into same problem on both devices that if we do hard reset or remove battery while the application is running, sometimes, the file system gets corrupted and when the device is reboot, it can't boot up anymore (basically stucks on loading screen).

One symton that we have been seeing after the file system get corrupted is the device would show whole bunch of unknown files with incredible huge sizes. We can't copy or access the file on the phone or via activesync. Once the symton appears, it's guarantee that the device won't boot up after reset.

I checked on MSDN site and looks like this is Micorsoft WM6.1 issue and there is no fix for it. Microsoft only advise that we should inform users not hard reset or remove batttery when software is writing data to the memory. But this is not very practical solution. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsmobiledev/thread/a11a… Any ideas and recommendations to prevent this problem  is greatly appreciated!!!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

The article is correct - do not hard reset the terminal.  Its a bit like switching your PC off at the wall socket. There is also a patch on product hot fixes - for stuck on splash screen.  I suggest you apply this. But it will not prevent corruption on a hardreset. I suggest that you train the users to only do a software reset - or at the very least power off the terminal before removing battery or hard resetting.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?