PTT functionality?

// Expert user has replied.
M Matt D Valenzuela 3 years ago
2 5 0

We had seen that there was supposed to be PTT functionlity coming to the ES400 "some time in 2011".  Is this a Sprint CDMA solution or a MotoBridge/LMR escapsulated IP type solution?  Does anyone have details or roadmap on this feature?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

M Mark Johnson

Motorola is developing a TEAM FMC (Fixed Mobile Convergence) client for the ES400 that will allow for full functionality with a TEAM system for both VoWLAN and WAN functionality. The client is targeted for the early Q3 timeframe for availability. As Marcus suggests, please call me and I can explain this in more detail as it can be confusing (and lengthy) to provide the details here. I can be reached at 954-868-0814. Thanks.

M Matt D Valenzuela

Can someone from the Moto side chime in on this?  What are the specific requirements for TEAM PTT o/WiFi please?  What exactly is needed to enable PTT functionality on the ES400 please?

M Marcus Kurath

At the present time I do not believe the TEAM Express client has been released fo rthe ES400. As a result, TEAM Express can not be run, but keep in mind that  TEAM Express is an L2 network application  PTT limited to 63 users in the group. The ES400 has not yet been certified as a  TEAM  handset, and as a result the WI-FI PTT functionality which is part of the TEAM suite can not be used on the ES400 I believe3 both of the above solutions will be supported, but I would suggest talking to product management about dates I know of 2 possibilites in the short term 1) Regardless of telco carrier there is a third party solution called HIP-Voice. I believe this onlt works on WAN connections 2) Recently Decision Point Systems released an "ASP" solution which provides PTT functionality to mobile computers by locading an application. Decisoon point hosts the PTT server and there is a subscription charge. I believe this solution woks on WI-FI or WAN, and can talk between the different media's

R Robert Galvin

The Team Express Client requires certain API's that are not available on the current ES400. The support for these voice extension API's will be coming around the middle of the year. As I was told by Product Management, there were early discussions for Motobridge capability but that never got far and is not in the current plan. As far as the Sprint Q Chat solution, there was no requirement for the ES400 to support it. So officially the ES400 is PTT ready (if an application provider can certify that the app works on it) and Motorola will validate and support TEAM Express later this year. Is this something that is causing major lost opportunities in the field right now?

L Lester M Gouvia

The last I heard was that the PTT solution was a Motorola product called TEAM.  It is PTT over WiFi and is primarily designed for PTT in a campus environment.  There is supposed to be specific equipment required for this.  There was also mention that there are 3rd party apps available for PTT over the web, but no specifics.  No further info has been shared regarding TEAM.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?