Shortcut to launch screen calibration directly

V Vedsatx Saddvv 3 years ago
2 8 0

Team, Is there a direct shortcut to launch screen calibarion on ES400? I've found the following - ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,7 which is marked as "align" in my notes but in fact it laucnches the screen applet from which one may start calibration so it's not a direct way I'm lookibng for. Thanks, Valery

Please register or login to post a reply

8 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Valery,  The orange fn+shift key works on a pre-release OS build (19.103) but maybe not on 19.000 . In any case, the attached EXE will launch the recalibration routine and can be called from another app or mapped to a key using the KeyRemap settings applet.

Best Regards,

Ian Hatton

j joseph boriotti
V Vedsatx Saddvv

Just to clarify - the "align screen" button is located at the same tab with screen orientation controls and customer wants to prohibit changing the screen orientation; thus they're asking to a way to bypass this tab and go directly to calibrate utility. They're using AppCenter by the way.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Ian, You mean "orange fn" + shift? Does not work. Should it really? (OEM 1.19.0000)

R Richard Linsley-Hood

This button is probably just calling the built in BOOL WINAPI TouchCalibrate(void); API within Winodws Mobile. Any method/application that can call that API should do the trick.

R Richard Linsley-Hood

You could try ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,7,1 where the 1 represents the tab within each applet. May or may not work, I haven't tried it.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Thanks but this does not work as well. The calibration is invoked by pressing "Align screen" button on tab 1. Valery

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Valery,  Try func+shift on the hardware keypad -this should be remapped directly to recalibrate. Best Regards, Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?