microSD card usage with ES400S

M Mark Johnson 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

A Sprint rep I am supporting received the following inquiry from a customer regarding the ES400S: “Here is the million dollar question if we were to expand the memory with an micro SD chip will the information stored on the chip be fluid with other memory for example could an operating system be stored on the SD chip and the hand held automatically use the os on that chip or would you have to toggle into the SD?”

When I asked him to explain further basically stating that the OS pretty much resides in the main memory and applications “spread” across the main and the SD memory he had the following comment –

“We use a Windows based os however if I understand correctly we would need the SD memory to be seamless for our system”

Do you know what he is referring to?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

C Charles C Fries

Since you say this is a customer asking this, I am tuning my terminology radar to the "novice" setting to understand what they are getting at. I think the question he is asking whether adding an SD card is like stretching the main memory size, or is it like adding a disc drive where this additional memory is separate and not connected to the main memory. The answer is, of course, that an SD card acts more like a disk drive in that is a separate, non-connected memory that can be used for storage or to start applications from, but not for actually running applications (or the operating system) in. Pass this by your rep and see if that satisfies them.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?