competitive batteries

// Expert user has replied.
S Serge Larose 3 years 5 months ago
4 2 0

Team I am in a competitive situation and I am looking for information from the team.

My customer have more than 2000 MC9090-G and he has been exposed to a competitive batteries supplier.

The company is Southwick Technologies do we know them?

Thank you

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Serge Larose

Thank you Ken.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Serge, I haven't run into Southwick yet, but I have a customer that was using HBI batteries in their MC9090-G units for a while.  They kept running into problems where the MC9090 would reboot on its own at times.  As it turned out, it was the HBI batteries causing the problem.  If they dropped the device or bumped it on the counter, it would reboot.  There was something wrong with the batteries where they would lose power whenever subjected to shock.  There were also batteries where the battery contacts were recessed which sometimes caused the pogo pins in the MC9090 to not make good contact with the battery.  This sometimes caused communication problems when trying to ActiveSync. Just some stuff to watch out for.  Make sure your customer does a thorough test with more than just one battery from Southwick.  The few pennies they save by going 3rd party may not be worth it. Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?