FTP with ES400S

// Expert user has replied.
M Mark Johnson 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

Does the ES400S support accessing an FTP server through the browser on the ES400S? Is there a specific device setting to enable this functionality or does this require a specific setting on the Sprint network with how the device is enabled to access data?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Allan Herrod

I am not using a SPRINT-specific ES400, I am using the GPRS version over the AT&T network.  But I am going accessing it via WWAN.  Note, however, that when going over WWAN, the FTP Server must be accessible via the Internet, which the one I was using was.  If the FTP Server is inside an enterprise, it needs to be in the DMZ and opened to access from the internet or it won't work.

A Allan Herrod

I had success on the ES400 accessing an FTP Server from IE by using a URL of the form: ftp://user:password@server For example: ftp://me:secret@10.10.10.1 Be aware that IE will only READ files from an FTP Server.

M Mark Johnson

Allan - Are you using a Sprint specific ES400 and did you access the server over Sprint's WAN? the individual I am communicating with had no issue accessing the FTP server over WIFI, however the problem he was getting was when trying to access via Sprint's network. Thanks. Mark

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?