MC75A - error message

// Expert user has replied.
D Dennis Loong 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Team, According to customer, there has been 2 cases reported on the field with below error message. “Main Battery Temperature Warning – To prevent data lost, please suspend the system and replace main battery”. FYI, this is new deployment.   According to the user guide, this is a level 2  warning & user should stop using the device.   Can we use the battery later or proceed with RMA?? thanx, Dennis

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jon Preedy

Dennis... The battery warning is part of our IEEE1725 compliance, which involves charging circuitry and power. You should not need to permanently replace the battery: simply wait for the battery to cool down and you can continue use. This warning is thrown when the battery cell exceeds a certain temperature, which can sometimes happen (in my experience) in a car on a hot day if the device is plugged into charge and doing GPS + 3G data. Thats the feedback I've been giving my customers based on my understanding of the situation anyway - please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone in engineering!   :) Thanks, -JP

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?