MC3190 CE6 Keyboard Config Error

// Expert user has replied.
A Anthony Ambler 3 years ago
20 13 0

1) March, 7th 2011

2) 3 days

3) MC3190 CE6

4) BSP 17

5) 2332547 A customer is experiencing an issue on their MC3190 CE6 devices where after a cold boot the keypad is not function properly and generates incorrect key presses. When they check the system config info the keyboard is set to "53-key VT". The devices are 38 key and no 53 key config even exists for the MC3190. A warm boot resolves the issue and the keyboard config info returns to 38-key. I have attached a screen shot of the system config info for you to see. The customer sees this issue across all of their units and has sent use a failed sample but we are not able to reproduce the issue here in support. I'm hoping that the keyboard config info changing to "53-key VT" is enough to start investigating this issue. Please let me know how else we can proceed? Thanks, Tony  

Please register or login to post a reply

13 Replies

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

I will send it to you today.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Ken, The fix from Tony's SPR will not be valid for you what so ever, due to different configuration. Does your customer get those WM6.5 devices from the factory, or they upgrade it from WM6.1? Also what is the failure rate of those devices?

K Kenneth Ryan

This is the only one they have so far and they get it with WM 6.5 from the factory.

K Kenneth Ryan

Yosi, Can I get that fix you mentioned for the config of unit I have to try out?

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

It does required Clean Boot. I can make this config update package for you, if you let me know the customer's deivecs full configuration.

K Kenneth Ryan

I have an MC3190 WM 6.5 PN MC3190-SL4H24E0A exhibiting same issue.

A Anthony Ambler

After working on this issue with Yosi I opened SPR#20268. I reflashed the config block on one customer unit and sent it back to them and asked them to test it again.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Tony, Setting the registry in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\TermConfig\Devices\Keyboard] to "4"="MC3000-38Key" is not a good solution, it will cause as a lot of mass. We need to keep all of our devices with the same configuration. Did the customer try to reburn the config.hex file? This file probably did not burn correctly in the factory. also, this is probably the reason why you will not be able to reproduce it.

A Anthony Ambler

Yosi, I will ask the customer to try and reflash the config hex file. Do they need to do this with a clean boot? Also, we have one sample unit here from the customer and we are not able to reproduce the issue on it after weeks of testing. Thanks, Tony

H Hirokazu Haga

Under TermConfig registry, there is 53KeyVT id as 4. For some reason, it seems that Monitor is mis-reading the keypad id as 4 from the 38key keypad during the first boot of out-of-box (?) device, but will read it correctly during the following boot (Support cannot reproduce it).

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

The value of 53 keys is the default BigBoard value, Probably that after the first boot it read the correct value from the registry. I like you to try this two things: 1. Can you re-flash the correct Config.hex on those devices? 2. Can you capture or take a look and on the keyboard registry? , when it sets to 53 keys, and when it sets to 38 keys. ( under: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\TermConfig\Devices\KeyBoard] You can find the avilable data , (38 keys is 102), under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\KeyBd\Configurations... you can see the current metrix that the device uses).

A Anthony Ambler

Hi Yosi, The customer sent us registry dumps of the 2 areas you mentioned from a failed unit. I compared it to the registry of a working unit and I didn't see anything different. I may have missed something so I attached the files from the customer for you. Also attached is a screen shot of the config info screen showing the keyboard hex value as 0x04. We still have not been able to reproduce this issue in tech support yet so we are relying on the customer for this info. As a possible workaround is it possible in the registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\TermConfig\Devices\Keyboard] to set "4"="53KeyVT" as "4"="MC3000-38Key" so that the unit will always use the MC3000-38Key settings when it defaults to a value of 4? We could have the customer place a reg file on the units to implement this. Thanks, Tony

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Hi Tony, It looks like the config area block didn't flash correctly. Can you please provide, 1. BSP number of those devices. 2. What is the hex value of 53-key VT ? (0x??). 3. Can you tell me please the full configuration of the device? (MC3190-SD3.....) If its happened on differant configuration please provide all of them.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?