Battery level before Cellular Radio powers off?

// Expert user has replied.
P Peter Arcuri 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Anyone know at what point in the battery level does the cellular Radio power off particularly for the MC7094? I have eMscript logs showing the radio connected to the cellular network at as low as 16%. Does anyone know the offical value? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G Gene Niles

I believe it shust off as part of the critical suspend. If customers are seeing it shut down prior to that it sounds possible that they may have went into a critical suspend, then cradled the device to give it just enough power to come out and then to go back in. I agree this is a guess but this does may be a likely scenario. It also could be related to the SPR someone mentioned earlier. Either way, I would suggest gathering some monitoring logs to see if we can pick up any cases where the radio is shutting down prior to the suspend. Hope this helps.

E Efkan YILMAZ

but I have a lot of queries from partners and customers that the cellular radio shuts of BEFORE the device shuts off ...

M Marcus Kurath

There have been a number of SPR's for a problem where the radio randomly shuts itself off. I dont know what the final resolution was, but my customers are still running a symscript to monitor the state of the WAN radio and re-enable it if it turns off. ON the MC55 we saw some issues when the battey died completely so we modified the script to no longer automatically re-enable the radio at somewhere around 20% of power...attached is the cab file containing  the script to monitor he radio and turn ot back on if t goes off

M Marcus Kurath

I worked with ECSG on a run time / battery life tool and the battery should put the device (and the radio) in standby mode when the battery reached 11% of total capacity. This applies to the current battery technology in the MC7x, MC9x, MC5x, Mc65, etc. This state is called device critical suspend state..

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?