ES400 hangs during Firmware Update - SD Loader

// Expert user has replied.
M Mark W Snyder 3 years 5 months ago
4 6 0

I have a customer that has successfully updated a few ES400's but this one device hangs during the process. When it hangs.... The Screen header is " SD Loader" Below that is         Partition... Checked         SMB... Updating         OS IMAGE... Found Lower on the screen it says... " FOTA write Result" In the lower right it says... " One Die" When it hangs, the customer removes that battery and when he powers it back up, it comes up fine in the old version of firmware. Has anyone seen this or do you have any suggestions? Thanks Mark Snyder

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

V Venkateshan Ramasubramanian

There is a known issue with flash update that is being worked on. Please try to reflash from \storage card itself. It should succeed in a couple of tries as the device seems fine as it boots up to the older firmware.

M Mark W Snyder

The current firmware is 101007-SI-201919M and he is trying to update it to 101130-SI-2020M. He has attempted it with a fresh download of the firmware and attempted to exe from both the SD card and the \temp directory and each time it hangs.  He has also completed the remaining upgrades at this location and this is the only device with the problem.

M Mark Mann

Hey Mark,

From what I can find on the web FOTA appears to be Firmware update Over The Air.  Have you first tried a clean boot and blank?  This would at least put it in a default state for you to try again and see if it works.  Otherwise might be hardware related. Mark 

M Mark W Snyder

I will double check that he did the clean boot process but just in case, what is the warranty return process?

T Thomas Cassar

First, I'd redownload the files to be sure they weren't corrupted some how. I'd recommend to try a different SD card or try copying the update files to the \Temp directory and try to flash from there.

T Thomas Cassar

Also, what version of the OS was on the device to begin with and what version were they trying to update to?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?