ADSP and Smart RF

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
1 5 0

Customer has RFS6000s and AP7131s (bot dual and tri radios for ADSP). Is there any recommendations on running Smart RF and ADSP jointly? Is it even recommended? If so, is there any procedure that need to be followed? If not, what are the adverse/conflicting effects?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

F Frank Barta

WiNG 4.x release notes. I've attached the latest 4.x 4000 release notes, but it is present on every model RFS which can run 4.x. Edit: Well I tried to attach it, but devcentral is being finicky. Check the 4.x release notes, that is where I got this from.

R Raymond Lim

This is documented in the 4.3.0.0 release notes under "From previous release notes" on page 8 See attached 4.3.0.0 release ntoes

A Afshin Mansoorieh

you mentioned rfs6000 and ap7131 so you must be using Apdaptive AP and WiNG 4.x firmware.  smart RF is not supported for this configuration; not until WiNG5.1 which will be released in May. once 5.1 is released you can use ADSP to manage RFS6000s and apply SmartRF rules to the controllers. thanks, afshin

F Frank Barta

I can't speak to the interaction of ADSP and Smart-RF, but use of Smart RF on the AP-7131 is supported in WiNG 4.x. This is stated in the release notes. However, there is a limitation on it's use with the 7131 at this time, it should only be used when using the facade antenna. "Use of SMART RF should only be enabled on AP300 & AP-5131 when using antennas with gains of 7dBi or less. For AP-7131 it should only be used with the façade antenna, and for AP650 it should only be used with internal antenna models"

W Wojciech Krypiak

Hi, Short question: where did you take this sentence from? " Use of SMART RF should only be enabled on AP300 & AP-5131 when using antennas with gains of 7dBi or less. For AP-7131 it should only be used with the façade antenna, and for AP650 it should only be used with internal antenna models" I'm looking for official document to prove this idea... Thanks! Wojtek

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?