Document Capture feedback

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Galvin 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

If you have some opinions on where our document capture should be please chime in with your feedback to the following questions (and any other comments you have around this subject): 1) Does the current opportunity for document capture require capture via embedded camera or Imager (i.e. blockbuster)?

2) If document capture through the camera is preferred, is there a need for a camera document capture aimer or is the SE4500 with existing aimer sufficient?

Your feedback is appreciated

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Andrew Wood

Rob, When this has come up as a discussion point with my customers it always about speed and ergonomics. They have always wanted it via the camera - its easier to view the screen of the device at the same time so you know what your capturing. Using the scan engine means you have to hold the document up to view the screen and inevitably the document folds when you do this. Seeing the document on the screen is usually enough - however an aimer would  be nice. Regards Andy

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Both, because depending on the conditions one or the other can be the adequate device. Imager is faster but with average quality. Camera is slower (sometimes can even be felt as sluggish) but quality is excellent. An aimer on the camera is, IMHO, unnecessary. However, a better illuminator is a must-have. I have found that the better the illumination the faster the capture because actual depth of field is increased (this is actually a basic optics/photo principle on cameras).

N Nikolaos Mastorakos

1)Both depending on which provides better quality 2)Existing aimer sufficient Moreover -A barcode symbol should not necessarily exist on the document -Application configuration should be less cumbersome (current solution requires exact measurements of barcode symbol dimensions using special instruments) -API support for calls through C# applications (currently not supported)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?