How to disable doubletab zoom event in wm6.5 internet explorer

// Expert user has replied.
P Pietro Francesco Maggi 3 years 5 months ago
4 2 0

I'm trying to find a way to disable the doubletab zoom event that is included in internet explorer mobile 6, part of WM6.5. Using the old browser with the registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer] "MSHTML"=dword:00000000 is not an option because this settings disable javascript. I've looked into the IE registry keys but nothing seems to work. Given that this problem was highlighted by a customer who is developing an HTML solution, I'm now suggesting them to add an handler for the onDblClick event an all the HTML pages to avoid this behavior. This can work but I'd like to have a solution on the browser side. Regards Pietro

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

T Timothy Moore

I have done some testing with a local test.html file on the device and it seems to stop the double tap.  You can give it a try and let me know if this helps.
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\InteractiveZoom:0

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Enable Auto Font Resize:0

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\OverviewZoomPortrait:100 for QVGA

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\OverviewZoomPortrait:200 for FVGA

C Christopher Fikert

Has anyone been able to successfully do this via the browser or registry (vs re-code)?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?