DataWedge and scan separators...

J Jon Preedy 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

Hi All... I'm hoping someone wih some serious DataWedge smarts can come to my rescue on this one. A customer has requested that we configure DataWedge to work "like ScanSamp.exe": they have a code128 barcode with scan data separators in it, and when they scan this with ScanSamp, it shows the full data string broken up by the separators (represented as non-UTF character blocks). When they scan the same code in DataWedge, they just get the data. Are we able to configure DataWedge to work this way? The only workaround I can think of is to apply an ADF rule, but this is no good as the customer has other code128s that don't need this. Many thanks! -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

K KAKD Jayasuriya

Configure keystroke output to process the seperator from your application. Go to profiles->profile0->output->keystroke->keymap->add new Set Character code to same as the seperator . normally GS character ( 29 in decimal). Set Key code to vertual character code to be sent to your application. ex: 13 for enter key Going back to home will save the settings. Scan a barcode while your app is in foreground to test the output.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?