DS9208 connected to NCR 70RXT

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
7 2 0

Hi everyone.  I am new to the retail side of mobile computing, so I do not have any experience with Point of Sale systems.  Our customer has an NCR70RXT.  He wants to test the DS9208 with their NCR70RXT system.  We believe this is a good choice since they plan to scan codes from customer phones. Reviewing the Datasheet on the NCR70RXT (attached pdf), I suspect we need the USB connector rather than RS232, but can anyone confirm this is the best way to connect it?  I need the answer ASAP, so I appreciate any and all responses. Happy New Year to all!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Malcolm Flood

Yes. That should be OK. The DS9208 is a 'multi interface scanner' the 8 at the end signifies that the scanner can support USB, USB power plus, RS232, keyboard wedge and some oother physical interfaces. From the spec sheet you attached, it looks like you have 2 options for USB on that PoS. The standard series A connector as on the side of your laptop, and I guess that 'latching' on the spec sheet means USB Power plus...this maybe a better option. I suggest you get both just in case, but power plus is arguable 'better' as it supply the scanner with power but the cable is also more secure due the the 'latch connector' so CBA-U21-S07ZAR for USB-A or CBA-U23-S07ZAR for Power Plus with work for the demo, then just confirm what length of cable is needed, coiled or strait.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Malcom, Thank you for your quick response.  Your reply answered the question. Thank you. -Dino

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?