ET1N2 connected to Meru networks

G Gary Miller 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Need your help, I am trying to convert a customer from the evil IPAD. But I am having issues. The customer is using Meru Wireless network “N” in their campus. The spot that we are testing is a little marginal for signal quality. It shows a “good” on the ET1. However the ET1 struggles to connect and obtain an IP address. I have to get very close to the AP to get connected. I can then walk to the area that we are testing and it holds on. When I get to the test area I loose connectivity within seconds. Unfortunately the IPAD and a Motorola Atrix have no issues what so ever. They scream through any web search. I have tested with 2 ET1N2s and both act the same. The Data for WAN is disabled and there is no SIM installed. I am using one of the ET1s at home and it works fine even when I get close to out of range.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Have you tried with, say, a MC75A or ES400? It's just to compare "apples with pears" and see the results.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Not sure if it still applies, but we have seen issues in the past on the ET1 if the wireless infrastructure is not configured to use 802.11d.  I think that the radio in the device will reduce it's output if it cannot determine what country it is in.  I would just verify that 802.11d is working and providing the correct coutry.  You could probably verify that with an MC device by looking at the Wireless Log in Fusion.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Dan's suggestion is very good: with a MC75A, first try with (under Options) 802.11d enabled and then disabled and see if there is any difference on wifi behaviour. If 802.11d is disabled, make sure "country" is properly set.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?