Why MC3190 with DPM engine can not read DPM barcode

// Expert user has replied.
X Xuelin Tang 3 years 5 months ago
1 7 0

Hi All,

I have three types of DPM barcode, and I can read these barcodes with DS3578-DP; But I can not read them with MC3190(DPM engine). As we  know, the DS3578-DP and the MC3190(DPM engine) have the same scan engine, that is SE4500 . Anyone can tell me, why the MC3190 can not read the same DPM barcode ?  some setting can improve it's performance ?

Any feedback will be appreciate !  Thanks all .

Silver

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

E Evgene Vigoutov

Silver, are you sure that it is DPM device? Possible, it was not configured correct....

E Efkan YILMAZ

I would also check that your MC3190 is correctly configured for DPM.  Go into Settings and select the System Info applet.  Then go to the ConfigInfo tab.  Verify that the "Decoder" field says "DPM Imager".  If not, then the Config Block wasn't loaded to include the DPM option...you'll just have an SE4500 HD imager without DPM capabilities. I ran into this issue on the MC55A.

M Mark Mann

Silver, Not sure if you have to uninstall but you will need to pull down the newer version from the Support website found under the hotfixes. Note: I just tried to get there and the page is not coming up.  Not sure if the site has been moved or is down due to maintenance. Cheers, Mark Mann

X Xuelin Tang

As you said, the website with some error. And can you send me the software by e-mail now ? If the newer software can solve the problem, it is a great help for us . My e-mail address is :MRWX86@motorolasolutions.com Appreciate for your help ! Silver

M Mark Mann

HI Silver, I don't have the software -  the partner was the one who pulled it down off our support website.  The site now appears to be up.  Please go to the linke below and request the software. http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… 0 466662012 Cheers, Mark Mann

M Mark Mann

Hi Silver, I ran into this same issue with the MC9190.  It turned out that there was an issue with the version of DATAWedge not supporting this.  I had to pull down DataWedge Version 3.4 which enables DPM barcode symbologies. Cheers, Mark

X Xuelin Tang

Thanks a lot . You mean that I should uninstall the datawedge ? and what other application can I use to read barcode ? I use the datawedge 3.3 now . Silver

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?