AP6532 DHCP Adoption

C Chris Devereux 3 years 5 months ago
4 4 0

We are using DHCP to provision AP6532s and adopt them to the controller over Layer3 .  I know this works, we have it working very well at many sites.  However, today in a customer network, it appears that even though the Windows DHCP Server is issuing a default gateway, it appears the AP is not parsing the default gateway and is not using it, meaning the AP does not adopt.  As soon as we add the default gateway (static route) manually, it adopts. Has anyone seen any issues with Windows DHCP servers like this? Running firmware 5.4.1 Chris

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Kevin Marshall

Make sure the Switched Virtual Interface (SVI) in the Access Point profile includes the following lines:  interface vlan   ip address dhcp   ip dhcp client request options all If the second line is absent from the SVI, the Access Point will not use the DHCP server to obtain DNS and default gateway parmeters which sounds like the issue your experiencing. Please note that you can only enable the second parameter in one SVI at a time. Regards, Kevin

C Chris Devereux

I'll try that, see if it helps ;-) Thanks Kevin.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Plug a DHCP client PC on this network and check if it properly gets the default gateway address from the server. If it does, blame our APs. If it does not, check this faulty server.

C Chris Devereux

Yes, tried that, PC gets a default gateway fine.  I am blaming the APs! Server is Windows Server 2003 BTW.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?