Datawedge problem on MC9190

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years 5 months ago
14 4 0

I have also posted this question on MC9000 forum, but this one may be better to post on:
We needed to install datawedge 3.3 on MC9190 CE, because customer wanted fast Clipboard pasting on their application, which was not provided by old DW 2.2 which was preinstalled. Since DW 2.2 was not "uninstallable", we deleted both datawedge.exe and datawedge.reg from \Application folder and checked that there was not any cpy or any sort of lnk to launch it after boots. However, after all boots, a warning message box shows up saying that datawedge.exe was not found, etc, etc... On \Windows\startup there is nothing to invoke old datawedge. There is even no \Application\startup folder. What can be trying to launch old DW? Is there some registry entry lile HKLM\Run or so on WinCE? DW 3.3 was properly installed and is actually launched after warm/cold boots.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

Please see whether you can see the \Application\Startup folder by showing all files. 

L Luis Rios Chiquete

At least on MK3000, Windows CE, Datawedge3.cpy places a link at \Windows\Startup # Persist Start of DataWedge Tray Application on device start up. \Application\DataWedge\Link\DataWedge.txt > \Windows\Startup\DataWedge.lnk Previous DataWedge versions used a DataWedge.run at \Application\Startup to persist start. Hope this helps.

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

Did you clean boon the device after deleting the DataWedge.exe, DataWedge.cpy file from the application folder and DataWedge.run from application\Startup folder.  Also check whether you have DataWedge.exe in \Windows folder and DataWedge.lnk file in \Windows\Programs folder. If they exist delete them.  If you still see the issue let me know.  Tharindu, 

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks Tharindu! Yes we cold booted the unit after deleting old DW and installing new DW. Actually \Application\Startup folder does not exist! We did not check on \windows or \windows\programs folder, but customer found that just by copying new datawedge.exe on \application this warning message stopped showing out. So this lnk (wherever it is) is actually calling \Application\datawedge.exe. My concern now (and so I have asked the customer) is if now DW icon is duplicated on the tray.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?