MC3190 hang after scan

// Expert user has replied.
H Hanief Bastian 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

Hi Friends, I am new to Motorola, and I have this issue, need help from you guys. MC3190 used to be fine (can scan the barcodes), but after being used for few weeks, it hang after scan certain barcodes or it shows the decoded barcode so slowly (one by one character). My first trial was : Changed Datawedge setting in the Route : Output Plugin into "Clipboard" instead of "Keystroke". And I try it with Notes/Datawedge only, now it hang no more. But after I test it with the customer's app. There is a login page which username & password is filled by scanning the employee badge. The username can be scanned and shown it the username field. The password can also be scanned but NOTHING shown in password field. With Outpun Plugin = 'Keystroke' the password field shows ******** characters. But with "Clipboard' the password was not shown. This make the verification failed after submitting the login, because no password was transferred. The programmer said that this was a security policy in their app, to only allow keyboard input in the password field. So any of you guys have idea? To set with 'Keystroke' but no more hang? Or to set with 'Clipboard' but can show the barcode in the password field? Thanks. -Hanief-

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

Try adding 10ms inter character delay in the key stroke plug-in. I'm assuming customer application run in the IE and this is a CE device. What is the OEM version of this device? If this is still happening can you provide a sample set of barcodes. What are the barcode types you are scanning in this scenario. Also what changes made in the scanner decoders.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?