MC-2180, Scan App questions

// Expert user has replied.
J Jordi Costa 3 years 5 months ago
3 3 0

I'm new to this forum My company received a request to develop a CE App for MC-2180. It should read bar codes (1D) and Matrix (2D), and perform some logging, checking, etc.. I think it should be developed from Visual Studio + SDK + EMDK. Some questions ... - Is it the right/unique way ? - Any sample code available (for the scanning tasks) ? - Any possibility to run a full simulation, or debugging on device, from PC ? Any help will be kindly appreciated. We have some experience on writing CE applications, but not for such devices Best regards

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

C Charitha Mallawaarachchi

Dear Costa, I think you are in the the correct path. EMDK provides you the APIs to do the scanning task. You have two flavors of EMDK called EMDK for C and .NET. If you intent to write code using C# or VB .net, EMDK for .NET is the choice as it is providing a object oriented class library. Make sure you are using Barcode2 (BarcodeSample1 uses Barcode which is a bit old gen 1 assembly). If you write the app with C/C++, EMDK for C is the choice. It provides a row, flat API set. Once you install the EMDK you have selected, you set ScanSample/ Barcode2Sample1 which demonstrates the usage of APIs. Note that currently EMDK supports only VS 2005 and 2008, Windows xp and 7 dev PCs. Hope this clarifies and helps. Thanks, Charith.

M Mahesh Eranda Indrajith Pitakotuwa

Hi Costa, Adding bit more to the Charith's reply ... If you are writing C/C++ app using EMDK for C, you need to install MC2100 Platform SDK available in Support Central ( http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… 0 528916200) and add it as a solution platform in Visual Studio. Regarding the query ... - Any possibility to run a full simulation, or debugging on device, from PC ? You can do complete debugging by connecting your device to the PC via ActiveSync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista,Windows7). Anyway EMDKs do not have their own simulators to run full simulation of EMDK APIs. Regards, Mahesh

J Jordi Costa

Thanks a lot for your quick replies. The doubts are fully clarified. Best regards, J. Costa

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?