Galaxy S4 cannot connect on AP300

// Expert user has replied.
A Arnold Joseph Ballesteros 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

We have a hotel customer still using RFS7000 with AP300 on Wing 4.2.  Everything worked well until the Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to the wireless network. I saw some workarounds using TKIP instead of AES,  on D-link wireless routers but non on AP300's. I saw some Clarify Logs related to the issue but it was just closed without resolution due to no reply from the end user. We do not want the user to upgrade to Wing 5 since it will create more problems due to current bugs in wing 5.4.2. Any workaround on this issue ?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jared Ebel

Arnold-- I'm not sure which issues in 5.4.2 you're referring to, but even if you are hesitant to upgrade to 5.x what is holding you back from an upgrade to 4.4.2?  Have you collected event logs from the system pertaining to this device's connection attempts?  If so, can you share any relevant events?  How is this WLAN authenticated - PSK, EAP, captive portal?  Have you attempted to modify the wpa-wpa2 handshake timeout?  The default value for this feature was changed around the 4.3.4 release to better inter-operate with devices in the field. Jared Ebel

M Michael Black

This is a known and identified issue as of this weekend, basically the client is doing somthing wrong.  Here is the explanation coming from the WLAN BU.
The Association Request from the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone has the RRM (Radio Resource Management/802.11k) capability element missing, but the Capabilities Info Bitmap in the Association Request says that the client can do RRM, so there is a mismatch and we deny association in WiNG4.x. In WiNG5.x, the RRM implementation is different and we don’t enforce such a strict check to avoid situations such as these where clients might not be following the 802.11k specification properly. In WiNG 3.x, there is no support for RRM, so there are no such checks enforced. 

A Arnold Joseph Ballesteros

Jared, - We are still having ungraceful RFS7000/96xAP300 reboot issues due to memory leak in Wing5.4.2.  It was suppose to be fixed on 5.4.3 but when customer tried it this week, it still happened again hence my hesitation on the upgrade.  Other issues on AP300 are WPA/WPA2 encryption not working when the load is high and Captive portal.   Cases have been opened with CIC already but not yet resolved. Michael, - thanks for the great information hope there are other workarounds that can be done on Wing4 while waiting for bugs to be solved on Wing5.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?